CLASS MAKE-UP POLICY
Your tuition pays for your child’s spot in class on that day and time. As a courtesy, we offer one makeup per month. Classes may be made up two weeks prior or two weeks after your child’s scheduled class. Students must be currently enrolled to schedule and attend a makeup class. It is YOUR responsibility to schedule makeup classes either online, in person, or over the phone. No drop-ins are allowed, as we want to keep the class ratios 8 to 1.
As another option, you are able to use Open Gyms or Open Ninjas as a makeup class. Clinics, Nerf Wars, or other specialty events are not eligible to be used as makeups.
Please let us know if your child is sick or plans to miss class so that we can mark your account with the expected absence.
Holidays and planned gym closings are built in to the schedule each year. These closings will not require make-up classes.
Tuition is based on 4 weeks per month. We do not charge extra for months with 5 weeks, and we do not pro-rate tuition for months that have a holiday or planned closing.
If the gym closes unexpectedly, we will allow a make-up class.
Click HERE to see a full list of gym closings.
We are unable to freeze accounts. If you want or need to drop your child from class, we do require a 30 day written notice.
You will be responsible to your child’s monthly tuition every month until your 30 day written notice is given. Please send an email to [email protected] with your child’s name and the reason you need to cancel class. If you discontinue without notice, you will be billed for one missed month plus late fee and then automatically dropped.
This is very important, as we like to maintain our ratios and your child’s spot in class will be held each month unless we are notified of a drop.
During inclement weather, please check THIS page of our website or our Facebook page before your class time to see if the gym is open. If the roads are clear by early evening, the gym will most likely be open regardless of school closings. We also encourage you to sign up for our email correspondence and receive notifications via email regarding closings and events happening at the gym.
- No food, gum, candy, or drink is allowed in the gym.
- Water bottles are allowed but need to be kept in cubbies.
- For the safety of the children – no one is allowed on the gym floor unless invited to come out by a coach.
- Do NOT talk or yell to your child. This is a distraction to both the students and the coaches.
- Parents are welcome to drop their children off for classes or stay and watch in the lobby area or from the balcony.
- Please supervise all children who are not in class and do not allow them to jump, climb, or run around the lobby or mezzanine.
- If you will be dropping off your child, please be sure your child knows what to do after class and that our office has your current cell phone number.
- Universal Gymnastics is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please lock your car doors and bring valuables at your own risk.
- Please be on time. Warm-ups are important to your child’s safety. Warming up prior to all strenuous athletic participation is required.
- No running anywhere in the facility unless directed by your coach.
- Children must follow the instructions of any staff member for their own safety. Proper gym and social behavior is expected of all students. Failure to act in an appropriate and safe manner may result in your removal from class.
- Athletes are expected to be picked up within 10 minutes of the end of their scheduled class. Repeated lateness without coach or gym notification and agreement will result in extra charges.
- Parents must make their children aware of the possibility of injury and the rules of the gym and insist that athletes follow the safety rules and coaches instruction.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out anytime!