We know many of you have concerns and questions about the continued spread of the coronavirus, or COVID-19. As gym owners you always think about safety in all areas of the business. This includes how we clean and disinfect our gym on a daily basis.
Our cleaning requirements include disinfecting all surfaces, including mats, blocks, carpets, ninja course, etc. with a hospital grade disinfectant. The two types of disinfectants we use are Halt and GS Neutral. Both of these products exhibit virucidal activity against a long list of viruses including several strains of human coronavirus. Per manufacturer guidelines, we spray all surfaces within the gym using a pressurized spraying system as well as use it to wipe down surfaces in all other areas for both of our facilities. In addition we spray these disinfectants into HVAC air filtration airstreams as well. This will aid in deactivating germs and viruses that may be airborne. Our goal is to become as germ and virus free of a facility as possible.
We have already increased the frequency our sanitizing cycles as well as adding additional hand sanitizer / tissue stations in both our buildings. In addition, we have educated our staff to enhance their knowledge level of how to properly use these products as well as making sure your children, while with us, understand the importance of covering their mouths when they cough or sneeze as well as making sure they wash their hands properly.
These procedures are no different than what we have always been taught in regard to the flu season and other good hygiene practices. With that said, statistically the common flu is at much higher threat level than what we now know about human coronavirus / Covid-19.
Other Important Information
- Universal Gymnastics associates have been instructed to complete a self-assessment daily before coming into work for use as a personal preventive screening measure.
- Parents please take the time to educate your children on how to cover their mouth during a cough or sneeze, how to properly use a tissue and discard it, and the importance of washing their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer.
- Parents we also ask that you take a personal self-assessment daily as well as perform one on your child. If you question your of their health, do not send them to the gym.
- Visitors / customers who have either traveled to or been in direct contact with someone who has traveled to or from China, Iran, Italy or South Korea within the past 14 days will not be permitted on-site.
- Visitors / customers exhibiting signs of fever in the past 96 hours or having a persistent cough will be asked to not enter, or leave the building for the safety of others.
It is difficult to predict how long or how extensive this outbreak will be. According to experts, it may last for several weeks to months. These procedures will stay in effect until further notice, and we will continue to closely monitor the situation and update you with any changes.
In closing, we want you to feel comfortable knowing we are taking extreme measures to keep your children safe.
Please feel free to share concerns or ask any questions you may have.
Johnny and Vikki Graves
Universal Gymnastics Inc.