CLASS MAKE-UP POLICIES: If your child plans to miss due to sickness or otherwise, classes may be made up two weeks prior or two weeks after your child’s scheduled class. You are allowed to make up two missed classes per month. Please let us know if your child is sick or plans to miss class so that we can schedule make-ups for your child. It is YOUR responsibility to schedule make-up classes. No drop-ins are allowed, as we want to keep the class ratios 8 to 1.
Rates are based on 4 weeks. Some months may have 5 weeks and therefore, there will not be a make-ups scheduled for missed classes due inclement weather or a holiday when there are 5 weeks. We will contact you via email when the gym is closed.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: During inclement weather, please check our Facebook page or call the gym before your class time to see if the gym is open. If the roads are clear by early evening, the gym will most likely be open regardless of school closings. We also encourage you to sign up for our email correspondence and receive notifications via email regarding closings and events happening at the gym.
- No food, gum, candy, or drink is allowed in the gym. Bottled water is allowed but just be kept in cubbies. No bottles are allowed on the viewing window sills. No exceptions.
- For the safety of the children – no one is allowed to walk across the spring floors, vault runway, etc, unless invited to come out by a coach.
- Do NOT talk or yell down from the balcony to your child or any other gymnast. This is a distraction to both the gymnasts and the coaches.
- Please use the grey tile floor or the grey speckled concrete areas to access the Ninja course or into the gym.
- Parents are welcome to drop their children off for classes or stay and watch in the lobby area or from the balcony. If you will be dropping off your child, please be sure your child knows what to do after class and that our office has your current cell phone number.
- Universal Gymnastics is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please lock your car doors and bring valuables at your own risk.
- Please be on time. The warm-ups are important to your child’s safety. Warm-up prior to all strenuous gymnastics participation is required.
- No running anywhere in the facility unless directed by your instructor.
- Children must follow the instructions of the instructor for their own safety. Proper gym and social behavior is expected of all students. Failure to act in an appropriate and safe manner may result in your removal from class.
- Gymnasts are expected to be picked up within 15 minutes of the end of their scheduled class. Repeated lateness without instructor or gym notification and agreement will result in extra charges.
- Parents must make their children aware of the possibility of injury and the rules of the gym and insist that gymnasts follow the safety rules and coaches instruction.